[rescue] The even further adventures of a boy and his tadpole.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Sep 7 04:40:39 CDT 2005

Having failed with OpenBSD, I followed the advice and assistance of the
people on this list and instaled NetBSD 3.0 Beta on my tadpole 3gx.

Unfortunately it was worse than NetBSD 2.0.2. The installer was better,
at least I could read the screen and it went much smoother. However when
I booted it I found the following problems:

1. The terminal emulation of the console was still bad, vi displayed the
   wrong text. Maybe it's a vi problem?

2. My wifi card (original Orinoco) which sort of worked under OpenBSD
   was not recognized at all by NetBSD.

3. The X server crashed before starting up.

Anyone have a copy of the Tadpole version of Solaris 7?

Thanks,

Geoff.
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.