[rescue] OT: response to "small town"

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Oct 14 18:42:38 CDT 2005

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 @ 17:35 -0400, Kurt Huhn said:

> On Oct 7, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Brian Howe wrote:
>
> > Sure, folks are more open and agreeable in a small town than in the
> > big evil city... but then again you don't find the Ted Kazinski (sp?)
> > types in the big city either... or those Jonestown/Waco/etc. tyes much
> > either.
> >

> Except that you actually do, you just don't notice them so much because
> of all the other loudness going on around them.  Cultists and asocial
> folks are everywhere, you just have to look hard enough.

People like to poke fun of the oddball people they see out in the
country, especially isolated areas.

However, there are far more such people in the big cities, they just get
lost in the noise.

Like you said, it's just easier to see them in the open.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.