[rescue] WTB: Ultra 60/80

Mattias Nordlund mathew at eagle.y.se
Sun May 8 10:17:45 CDT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Nate wrote:

> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Jonathan Sadler wrote:
>
> > I've seen a number of PCI Radeon 7000s (as well as relabeled cards based on
> > the Radeon 7000 chipset) originally for the PC successfully re-flashed with
> > the MAC flash image.
>
> Successfully flashing with a Mac ROM is not easy -
> with the Radeon 7000 series, one of the few cards capable of being flashed
> with the Mac ROM was the PCI 7000 made by Sapphire, as long as it was the
> 32MB version with the larger flash firmware capable of taking the Mac ROM,
> and even then you'd be running the core and memory overclocked from what
> the parts were rated for (the Mac card uses higher-grade parts).  If you
> flashed the 64MB Sapphire card, you'd encounter wake-from-sleep video
> corruption.

I have successfully flashed a few PCI 7000 by Sapphire into XVR-100's,
but the last one I bought had the smaller flash firmware, so I was unable to
flash that one.

But it is possible and the cards work perfectly, a bit slow but still better
then the onboard on for example a Blade 100.

Also a question, does anyone have 2 or 4 336 MHz/4MB cpu's for Exx00 to
sell? I have a E3000 that has two 336 and four 248's and it's not fun when
all cpu's are running at 248 MHz.

/Mattias