[rescue] Ultra 5/360 ok for low-volume spamassassin, etc?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Mar 23 13:35:55 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:27:07PM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> Thoughts? Will the Ultra 5 be OK, or should I wait for my dual Ultra 2 and
> use the Ultra 5 as a DMZ web server and shell server instead.

A couple of years ago, I ran sunhelp.org and all of the associated mailing
lists (as well as the Sun-Managers mailing list) off a single U5/333 with
512M RAM and an 80G IDE hard drive.  This system also ran an IRC server for
a private network I'm on and all of the "shell stuff" for me and ten or
so friends.

I'd say the U5 will be fine. :)

Bill

--