[rescue] Ultra 5/360 ok for low-volume spamassassin, etc?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Mar 23 13:27:07 CST 2005

Hi all,

While I wait to sort out the shipping of my Ultra 2 (see my mail to
geeks@), I've managed to source an Ultra 5 360 with 256M for a pretty good
price locally and I'll hopefully be collecting it tomorrow.

Is it fast enough to run postfix with spamassassin, clamav, razor, etc as
my family mail server (low volume - about 2,600 messages a day - we love
our mailing lists :P)?  I'll be using an IDE disk initially (yuck) as I
don't have any Symbios 875 controllers at hand (will source one ASAP). OS
will be NetBSD, either 1.6.2 or 2.0 (don't really want to run into the 2.0
sparc64 stability issues, so may go with 1.6.2 for the moment).

Thoughts? Will the Ultra 5 be OK, or should I wait for my dual Ultra 2 and
use the Ultra 5 as a DMZ web server and shell server instead.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/