[rescue] FS: NetApp Shelf, Sun multi-pack and Portmaster2

Arthur Wouk awouk at nilenet.com
Wed Jun 29 13:09:31 CDT 2005

:From: Shirker <shirker at mooli.org.uk>
:Subject: Re: [rescue] FS: NetApp Shelf, Sun multi-pack and Portmaster2
:
:On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Jeff Cole wrote:
:
:> Sun Multi-pack. I think it's the 611 model, but, I'm not entirely sure.
:> Powers up, but makes my Ultra60 hang if attached, so, whether or not it
:> actually works, I don't know.
:
:Could be wrong here, but AFAIK the 611 (holds only one drive) is called
:the Unipack, and the 711 (holds either 6 or 12 drives) is called the
:Multipack.
:
:Ed.
:

definitely. the 611 is a single drive enclosure.

i have one in house.

it is empty. can anyone tell me how to terminate the scsi chain if
it is the last station on the  chain?

also, what good drives over 9gigs would work in it? i want to attach it
to an nultra-1.