[rescue] FS: NetApp Shelf, Sun multi-pack and Portmaster2

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Wed Jun 29 13:32:37 CDT 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Arthur Wouk wrote:

> definitely. the 611 is a single drive enclosure.
>
> i have one in house.
>
> it is empty. can anyone tell me how to terminate the scsi chain if
> it is the last station on the  chain?

611s sense whether they're on the end of the chain and auto-terminate if
they have a disk in - I've never run one without a disk in but they may
well do it then as well.

They even sense if there are narrow SCSI devices after them in the chain
and high-byte terminate, which I think is way cool.

> also, what good drives over 9gigs would work in it? i want to attach it
> to an nultra-1.

Umm, anything SCA. I've used a 50GB Seacrate (ST150176LC) in one, to good
effect.

Ed.