[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jun 29 08:16:29 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 08:18:54AM -0500, Wes Will wrote:

> Also, the previous poster in re doing colour corrections on an LCD is
> correct.  If this is commerecial work you're doing I'd be really careful at
> comparing the Pantone chips to your output, you're liable to be a long way
> off.  If it's all just on-screen video at TV or worse resolution you'll be
> able to get away with it.

Well, he mentioned IFX Piranha, so he probably isn't doing Pantone work,
but he might be doing HD or film work.  When it comes to doing either
even $30k CRTs are highly imperfect.

Apple claims people are doing print color proofing on their cinema
displays, BTW.

http://www.apple.com/pro/design/blanks/

--
Joshua D. Boyd