[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:01:05 CDT 2005

On 6/9/05, Joost van de Griek <jvdg at sparcpark.net> wrote:
> On 2005-06-09 23:14, velociraptor wrote:
>
> > [...] there is a pi**ing contest b/w the guvvy IT manglers as to who has
> > managed to solve what problem with Exchange.
>
> Never heard of anyone solving a problem with Exchange. Introducing them,
> yes. But solving..? ;-)

That's sorta the point, right?  The problems are endless
so they all have something to crow about.

If the were running mail on *nix, even something MAPI, like
Samsung Contact, they'd have no problems and therefore no
nothing to measure in the pi**ing contest.

Stupid, but then, much of the gov't stuff I've dealt with so far
fits into two categories, dumber than a sack of wet rats or
pretty damn good.  The latter is a rarity.

I am pretty worried about our situation going forward here, the
technical guy on the gov't side who is responsible for getting
and keeping the *nix, is retiring next month.  Fortunately, our
stuff "just works" and his boss likes us too.

=Nadine=