[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Thu Jun 9 20:33:26 CDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

> On 2005-06-09 23:14, velociraptor wrote:
>

>> [...] there is a pi**ing contest b/w the guvvy IT manglers as to
>> who has
>> managed to solve what problem with Exchange.
>>

> Never heard of anyone solving a problem with Exchange. Introducing
> them,
> yes. But solving..? ;-)

(Rolling my eyes).  Well of COURSE they've solved problems.  Why
before Exchange scheduling conflicts over conference rooms were
settled with gunfire.  Sheesh.

I've been one ... one place where Exchange's Groupware facility was
used as intended - and it was used well to coordinate calendaring,
work, etc for three hundred people in twenty offices across the US.
But that's been the ONLY place.  I note that since that company
merged with $day_job it's use (despite the fact that Mother Company
is far more in thrall to Microsoft than the acquisition was)
decreased to nil - I still have the ability (despite changing jobs
into the Mother Company) to that tree and it's been over a year since
anything was updated there.

Of course part of the reason is there isn't anything left of the
acquisition bar a few nifty services and some employees.  But that's
another story of bile and woe.

Brian Dunbar
System Administrator II
Desk: (920) 751-3364