[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jun 10 09:25:03 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 06:54:45PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> > Well of course badly written apps run badly.
>
> ...and so do well written applications that need to ship a lot of data.

And how many such applications are there outside of games?  I have
certainly seen CAD, 3D animation, photo editing, and image compositing
run reasonably responsively over ethernet.  I'm not say that that is the
prefered way to run those programs, but there is no reason to remove the
capability from them.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net