[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Erie Patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Wed Jun 8 19:35:59 CDT 2005

/out of lurking mode/

 I view computers as a tool, think hammer/wrench/screwdriver type tool,
you can use a butter knife for a screwdriver (as my wife does) but a
real screwdriver makes life easier.
I've had endless discussions about the superiority of MAC vs. SnapOn
tools, in the end, they both work.

THAT is how I view thte pc/mac issue, I have and use both, OS-X on an
x86 architecture isn't any worse in my book than on a PPC architecture,
properly ported, should look/feel/perform the same.
Of course the onus is on Jobs, et al to make sure it's exactly the same,
and my experience hasn't always been positive, from both Apple and M$.

erie