[rescue] E4000 installation

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Tue Jun 7 20:42:33 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:11:24AM +0200, Michael Vergallen wrote:
> I'm asking this because the maintenance led is blinking on both the cpu boards whereever I put them...what is the possible cause of that. Also the memory on the cpu boards are sitting wierd e.i. only half the banks are filled on each board. e.i. I have 2 Giga of memory
> but only 1/2 the memory sockets on board one is filled and the same on board two also what is the sequence they should be installed ?
>
> Michael

I think you can pretty much put the boards in any order...

You have 1GB in each board, and 2 boards = 2GB RAM.

The every-other RAM placement is because you can have 2 way memory
interleave on each board, giving you greater memory bandwidth.

What error messages are you getting?  Do you have a monitor and
keyboard plugged in or are you using a serial console?

--Patrick