[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Tue Jun 7 18:32:55 CDT 2005

on 6/7/2005 8:07 AM David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:

> <sarcasm>
>   Well of course, don't see that it has to be that way?  How can a Unix
>   server compete with a Windows server if it doesn't have a flashy
>   mind-numbing GUI and an expensive display device connected?
> </sarcasm>

> Charles> Yes, I think people are that dumb.

> See the above, and a large company in WA.

Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick, this has nothing to do with Microsoft,
or at least nothing that Microsoft has been doing in the last few years.
Or have you managed to miss the fact that just about every server
product they've been putting out in the last few years provides the
management console as a separate component of the installation, so you
can install them on a *management workstation* and not require expensive
graphics hardware on your server?

I guess everyone really *is* a user at heart.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take