[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Tue Jun 7 10:07:58 CDT 2005

    Charles> The problem as I see it is the use of such accelerations
    Charles> creeping into even application and other software.  It's OK
    Charles> if it is optional, but I think we are not far away from
    Charles> even server systems being GUI dependent, and requiring
    Charles> local displays.

<sarcasm>
  Well of course, don't see that it has to be that way?  How can a Unix
  server compete with a Windows server if it doesn't have a flashy
  mind-numbing GUI and an expensive display device connected?
</sarcasm>

    Charles> Yes, I think people are that dumb.

See the above, and a large company in WA.

--
David L. Kindred
Unix Systems & Network Administrator