[rescue] E250 rack-mount

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 15 09:48:44 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:37:25AM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
> Just like I told them to put a break-glass cover over the Big Red Button [TM].
> Which they didn't do till after the SECOND time someone hit it and
> killed all the customer systems.

That was my first day on the job [0].  It killed the internal IT stuff too.

> Got lots of stories about that place, most probably should be discussed
> in a public forum.  Technically, the company I worked for doesn't exist
> any more, and any confidentiality agreements I signed are probably
> expired by now anyways. =)

Sounds like I missed all the fun. 8-)

Bill

[0] no, it wasn't me that pushed it.  Walking into a COMPLETELY SILENT
datacenter [1] except for the sound of the backup batteries on the EMC frames
giving out was a butt-puckering moment, I tell you.

[1] Pictures with identifying information removed: http://www.mrbill.net/dc/
    See picture 153?  I had to replace EVERY POWER SUPPLY in that stack of
    DL360s over the course of six months... and picture 60 is for you, Mike..

--
bill bradford
houston, texas