[rescue] E250 rack-mount

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Jul 15 09:37:25 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 05:39:32PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Bill Bradford wrote:
>

>> Even in the back room "behind" the customer colo?  Thats the only
>> place I remember any relay racks, unless you count the ones with flat
>> shelves on them near where the iOpener stuff used to be.  That was
>> ~2.5 years ago though.
>
> Ah, the low-rent housing. :)

We called them the cheap-seats. =)

> We had to finally move from one of those to a half-rack after some
> knucklehead kept powering our Suns down.  There's nothing like
> watching an SS10 fsck a couple 30-something GB filesystems while mail
> bounces.

That was one of the theoretical situations that we kept bringing up, the
higher-ups kept insisting that our customers would be more professional
than that.

Just like I told them to put a break-glass cover over the Big Red Button [TM].

Which they didn't do till after the SECOND time someone hit it and
killed all the customer systems.

Got lots of stories about that place, most probably should be discussed
in a public forum.  Technically, the company I worked for doesn't exist
any more, and any confidentiality agreements I signed are probably
expired by now anyways. =)

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org