[rescue] E250 rack-mount

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Aug 6 23:47:17 CDT 2005

On Saturday 06 August 2005 10:51 pm, Bryan Gurney wrote:
> From
> what I remember of the two rackmounted E250s that I've seen, I think you
> have to take off the top plastic panel to put in the rack rails.

Yeah, take the skins off and there are two "indentions" in the sides of the
case to accomodate the width of the rails.  It's about 1/2" wide and 2" tall.
It looks like a set of standard rails would physically fit in the space, but
I'm not sure about bolt holes.  Easily cured with a drill, though :)

See page 16 of this for a teeny tiny view.. the "divet" in the top/right
corner of the case that runs from front to back:

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/pdf/805-3611-12.pdf

The "stop bracket" (see page 22 in above PDF) is something to consider... I
have access to a metal fab shop at work, and I have a sample plate off an
already-racked E250 to have them try to duplicate.

-E.