[rescue] E250 rack-mount

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 6 21:51:17 CDT 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 23:47:23 -0400, Eric Webb <ttlchaos at randomc.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 06 August 2005 11:24 pm, Eric Webb wrote:
>>
>> Is there anything particularly special about the E250's rails, or can I
>> get
>> a set of rails from Dell or Compaq or somewhere else and use those?  I'm
>> just a poor hobbyist here, so I'm looking for dirt cheap :)
>
> How one of about these?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-220R-240R-Server-Original-19-Rack-Rails-NEW_W0QQitemZ5792897565QQcategoryZ44992QQcmdZViewItem
> http://cgi.ebay.com/19-rack-generic-rails-L-shape-rails-HEAVY-DUTY_W0QQitemZ5793068252QQcategoryZ56100QQcmdZViewItem
>

> -E.

That first one's for a 220R / 240R (or perhaps they mean 420R; I know the
rails for the Sun Fire V240 are completely different), which are designed
for the rack, while the E250 is a tower that may be rackmounted.  From
what I remember of the two rackmounted E250s that I've seen, I think you
have to take off the top plastic panel to put in the rack rails.  A shelf
may be another option, but I don't know if the tower case is too wide to
fit in the shelf.