[rescue] When is 100 less than 10?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Apr 26 22:31:24 CDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Dieter Montanez wrote:

> turned to be the autonegotiation. Using "ndd" on the
> solaris box I disabled "autoneg" and tried different
> speed/duplex combinations and 100HD did perform the best.

Ding!  That rung a bell with me.

Quoth the manual (man vfe):

    Currently, there is no mechanism to force the speed and duplex
    configuration of the interfaces.  These are sensed using the parallel
    link speed detection features  of the hardware.

What TFM doesn't say is that the vfe is half-duplex only.  Force that
port on the switch to 100baseTX-HD, and it should "work".

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a