[rescue] Looking for IRIX and advice

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sat Nov 20 17:08:58 CST 2004

All,

For better or worse, I'm now the owner of an Origin 2000 Rack system :-)
10x250Mhz and 4 GB of RAM.

Before I can apply the smoke test, I need to rig up 220V service. I think I
can manage that in a few days.

But to get the machine to run, I need to locate appropriate IRIX. Seems that
anything 6.5.x should be OK from what I can find online.

I'll check eBay, but would also consider a deal hear if someone has
something suitable available for cash or trade.

Also, any words of wisdom around Origins in general would be appreciated!

TIA,

Steve