[rescue] Battery rebuilds [ was: scrap sparcbook]

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Fri Nov 5 11:22:35 CST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, velociraptor wrote:

> Anyone have any pointers for putting ABS plastic stuff back together,
> types of glues to use, that kind of thing?  I still have a stack of
> batteries to rebuild at some point--there's a lot of interest on the
> Mac swap lists for resale of rebuilts.

Any plumbing supply or Home Despot type place will sell ABS glue.  It's
tough as epoxy, dries insanely fast, and a little dab'll do ya - even a
small can is enough to replumb all the drains in your house with ABS pipe,
so you ought to be able to repair a LOT of batteries that way. :-)

Just another 3GX owner with a dead battery pack,

-- Chris