[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 25 15:17:05 CST 2004

On Mar 25, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Mike Parson wrote:
> I think it's along the same lines as when I was in junior high and
> high-school.  I've never been real strong with higher maths, much more
> than algebra II and it just never took.  Teachers were always confused,
> "But you use computers, you should be good at math, right?"

   AAAaaaargh!  [head explodes]

   I had the exact same problem, at about the same level.  I've been
living & breathing computers since I was 7.  The morons in my high
school handed the then-brand-new computer courses to...THE MATH
TEACHERS.  Because computers are all math, right?  Fucking morons.

   Hilarity ensued.

> So, I guess if you trust that your accountant is good at math, he must
> know computers, right?  After all, he's using something other than Word
> and IE, and that takes computer talent!

   [head explodes again]