[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Mar 25 19:08:11 CST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 04:17:05PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I had the exact same problem, at about the same level.  I've been
> living & breathing computers since I was 7.  The morons in my high
> school handed the then-brand-new computer courses to...THE MATH
> TEACHERS.  Because computers are all math, right?  Fucking morons.

In a way, aren't they all math and physics?  The study of algorithms has
long been an area mathematicians, long before computers came out, and it
is only fairly recently to my understanding that people distinguished
between math and physics.

For some reason, understanding math and algorithms seems to have little
effect on how one understands a computer though, for some reason.  At
least, thus has been my experience.