[rescue] SGI Crimson boot sequence?

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Thu Jun 3 15:40:44 CDT 2004

Hello Francois,

> Going thru the PROM and typing boot dksc(1,2,8)sash.IP17 should do it
> tough, right?

  I think it should.

> Or is -f required?

  I've seen it work either way. I am living with the impression that
  using "-f" is the correct way to do it though.

  The Toshiba drive you are mentioning is a rather old one, right? Do
  you have a Plextor SCSI drive around? These are giving me good
  results on IRIS 4Ds. The only catch is that the blocksize jumper has
  to be set to force 512b blocksize operation. IIRC this could also be
  a problem with the Toshiba - there were hints for cutting wires to
  make some older Toshibas to work in IRIS 4D on the web.

Gerhard