[rescue] U10 IDE?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jun 1 09:36:27 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:15:58PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:
> > On Jun 1, 2004, at 05:52, Peter Corlett wrote:
> >> IDE disk and SCSIDE adaptor?
> > Where does one get such a thing, and what do they cost?
>
> I got my SCSI-2 one from eBay for about #25, but they're on sale from
> pc500.net for about #35. UW-SCSI and Ultra160/320 are more expensive.
>
> So you're probably looking at $70-100 for a reasonable spec adaptor,
> given the usual #1=$1 exchange rate for computer kit.

Usual #1=$1?  Where is that usualy?  If I want to buy from the pc500.net
place you mention, it would cost my over $63 (a #1=$1.83 factor).  To
find the same piece from US sellers costs about the same (a little more,
but I figure the shipping cost difference evens it back out).

All of this is to say I'm really kicking myself for not snapping some up
when there was a huge dutch auction on ebay awhile back.  At the time I
had no idea that they would work for DVDs, CD-RW, or DVD burners.  Sigh.