[rescue] OT: Coffee in .uk (was: sformat a large drive under IRIX 6.5)

ajwdsp ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jan 28 11:13:59 CST 2004

On Jan 28, 2004, at 4:39 AM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

Wot?  No tea?

Nah, I know you guys drink coffee.  I learned to drink coffee in .uk,
some
years back.  I was there for the CTC Centenary in Harrogate, and at my
hotel, they gave me coffee with breakfast every morning ...

"Full English Breakfast?"

"Yes, please."

"Coffee or tea?"

"Tea, please."

I like both, but give me a good British tea any day over coffee.  I am
a tea fiend.  I have an entire shelf (more than one actually) devoted
to tea.  I have Chinese teas, British Teas, Irish Teas, Japanese Teas,
and Indian Teas among others.

I go 60 miles out of my way on some weekends to have a whole pot of
loose leaf Ceylon with REAL English food at this special place in
Clinton Corners.  (Bangers n' Mash mostly but I've been known to
occasionally get other items).  We usually take back $40 in groceries
too including frozen bangers, tea, gravy mix, Yorkshire pudding mix,
etc.

A Diner in the area also has Irish Breakfast which I partake in.  Nancy
drinks coffee with it, but I drink tea of course.  MMMM White
Puddings...

So I guess I'm a tea and sausage fiend.  I would've sent the coffee
back... especially since Brits don't seem to know how to make coffee to
MY particular tastes.  (Every time I got coffee in the UK it was
horrible)

Andrew