[rescue] OT: Coffee in .uk (was: sformat a large drive under IRIX 6.5)

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 11:48:31 CST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:13:59 -0500, ajwdsp wrote:
> to MY particular tastes.  (Every time I got coffee in the UK it was
> horrible)

Historically most places would sell pretty abysmal 'coffee' ... usually
the instant stuff or if you were lucky, filter coffee left to stew long
enough to grow toenails. It's much better than it was, but you can still
find places that do coffee the old way ... cheap cafes, pubs, etc.

Quite a few places get it right enough to keep me happy (but I'm not
esp. fussy).

BTW: Your quoting is broken ... it makes it very hard to see where
someone else's message ends and yours begins.