[rescue] SunHELP News: New server coming soon

Don McClure donindigo2 at mac.com
Wed Jan 28 10:10:34 CST 2004

On Jan 28, 2004, at 8:16 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Why did you choose iBook over Powerbook? I'm considering one or the
> other, and while the iBook has cost savings, I am foolishly concerned
> about:
>
>  - only supporting 640 Meg of RAM vs. over 1 Gig on Powerbook
>
>  - lack of Bluetooth in iBook (for wireless mouse/keyboards)
>
>  - lack of direct support for dual monitor display (though easily
>    hackable)
>
>  - (and the biggie for me) no support for Superdrive, only CD or
>    Combo drive
>
> Of course, screen choices play into it, I've mainly been looking at 12"
> screen units, and the iBook does come in a unique 14" model, compared
> with the Powerbooks 15 and 17" screens...

Santa brought me an 15"alBook 1.25ghz w/bluetooth/APExtreme/lighted
keyboard/superdrive/etc.

refurbished $2099 shipped from Apple Store

educational discount on Apple Care $239

ram expandable to 2gb, but that costs $$$ still.

Bluetooth works great with my Sony Ericsson T616

dodgy latch on the screen needs tweeking now and then.

The lighted keyboard is really nice, and the "Curb-side E.T." (as the
old car ads used to say) is great (translation: it gets lots of
attention).

Don McClure
Bel Air, MD