[rescue] SunHELP News: New server coming soon

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed Jan 28 08:45:31 CST 2004

On 1/28/04 7:16 AM, "Lionel Peterson" wrote:

> --- Robert Rose <rescue at mylighthouse.net> wrote:
>
>> PS. Second email from my new iBook G4, this thing is awesome!
>

> Of course, screen choices play into it, I've mainly been looking at 12"
> screen units, and the iBook does come in a unique 14" model, compared
> with the Powerbooks 15 and 17" screens...

One thing that made me get my Powerbook vs. a G4 iBook is that even the 14"
iBook still only has 1024x768 screen resolution, as does the 12" iBook and
12" Powerbook.

Plus, I think the new "flat-white" iBook case looks cheesy, compared to the
original white iBook that had the slightly metallic hand-rest plate

Check Powermax or Smalldog and see if you can still get a new old-stock 15"
867 or 1 Ghz. I bought a new 15" Ti 867 in November from Powermax for only
slightly more than an iBook price, and cheaper than a 15" Alu price, and
have been a very happy camper.

I also wouldn't shy away from an Apple refurb from either source, since they
come with full warranty, and the couple of Apple refurb-ed products I've
purchased (iPod, 15" LCD display for my Cube) were indistinguishable from
new.

Whatever  you choose, I don't think you'll regret it. *book plus Panther
make a great computing platform!

Steve