[rescue] Elite3D Question

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Fri Jan 23 07:56:01 CST 2004

I've been playing with IOZone ( http://www.iozone.org/ ) and it helps in
tuning systems, beside comparing filesystems and hardware. Certain
kernel and FS settings and raid layouts have much more impact than the
type of FS. Also been playing with Solaris 9 x86 UFS logging, software
mirroring and it beats hardware mirroring (on the same mobo),
interestingly enough. Much greater diff than UFS (sol 9)  vs XFS (linux)
on the same box.

Francois