[rescue] Elite3D Question

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jan 22 12:36:20 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:53:56PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Mon, 19 Jan 2004 @ 22:38 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:
>
> > I've been giving very serious thought to moving to either xfs or jfs
> > myself.  Right now, I'm using ext3.
>
> JFS is supposed to have gotten a big speed boost recently, and someone
> told me it outran XFS in some recent tests.

I saw some filesystem benchmarks recently, in some of which JFS edged
out XFS, while in others XFS edged out JFS.  Both soundly beat ext3 for
most operations.

A friend of mine swears by ReiserFS, but it didn't perform that
dramatically better than ext3 on the benchmarks, and any filesystem
which consumes 70% of CPU for the filesystem ALONE on some operations is
not something I want anything to do with using.

 : alaric at caerllewys.net|alaric-ruthven at earthlink.net|alaric at novylen.net  :