[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 29 19:42:39 CDT 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 8:51 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>>    ...and that's just one model I searched for off the top of my head.
>> There's precious little that can touch that level of
>> bang-for-the-buck.
>>   The idea that "PCs make cheaper desktop machines" is bullshit.
>
> No warranty aside from the used seller's DOA warranty, though.

   What?  Why do you say that?

   Besides...people are so used to these PCs that DIE ALL THE TIME that
this sort of thing is actually a concern!

   I run a large number of 24x7 machines here.  I have had exactly two
hardware failures in the past, what, six years?  No offense Patrick,
but you've had more hardware failures than that in your colo facility
within the past six WEEKS, on a fraction of the hardware.

         -Dave