[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Thu Apr 29 19:51:49 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 06:30:52PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    ...and that's just one model I searched for off the top of my head.
> There's precious little that can touch that level of bang-for-the-buck.
>   The idea that "PCs make cheaper desktop machines" is bullshit.

No warranty aside from the used seller's DOA warranty, though.

Check pricewatch.com if you want to see how cheap you can get "parts
in a box".

Oddly, I have had better luck with Linux and OpenBSD on cheapo
hardware than the name brand stuff, especially older Comcraq's.

>    "And I won't come in your mouth, I'll only put the head in, and the
> check is in the mail".

I didn't, I did, and I paid via PayPal :-)

... !!!!!

--P