[rescue] Getting an OS on an IRIS Indigo?

Micah R L lassloc at hotpop.com
Sat Apr 24 00:24:08 CDT 2004

Ryan M. Blair wrote:

>>I'm pretty sure network installs are only supported by receiving boot
>>info from another SGI.  I could be wrong.  Jonathan?
>>

>BZZZZT! I've been able to do a network install from a Linux host with no problems (onto an Indigo, Indy, Indigo2s, and an Octane). Perhaps the problem is the fact that you're using sashARCS instead of sash.IP20...I haven't had much experience with 5.3, but I know this works using the instructions from the above site for IRIX 6.5.

Well, I was all set to write and ask how you did it, because I didn't do
it, but while I was verifying my error messages, it... worked.
Man, I hate it when that happens. :)
The only thing that I can think of that I did differently was add a '/'
do the end of the directory name, so
'/data/share/irix6.5.5/inst/dist/'... but I'm not sure about that. I'll
try to verify it after finishing up the install (at least, assuming
there are no more bumps down the road...)

Thanks for your help, everybody.

Also, just for the record, another guide can be found at
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=irix+linux+net+install&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=272a4ef3.0205231535.572ff02b%40posting.google.com&rnum=1