[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 23 12:44:46 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 @ 17:47 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

>   Has anyone discussed this with the Gnome developers?  If not, someone
> should.  The problem is, with most Linux-centric stuff like that, the
> "developers" are typically a bunch of kids who think they can do no
> wrong...and as such, don't even *hear* constructive criticism, much
> less pay any attention to it.

I was frequently reporting bugs awhile back as I used it.

I got a lot of bullshit from them.  They are particularly thick-headed
about their UI design, some of which is worse than arbitrary.  They
also often put very little effort into reproducing and working on
serious bugs.

They *are* improving, but I still feel like a lot of them have zero
interest in the truly hard work of memory debugging and overall design
discipline.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty