[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 22 20:44:54 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 @ 17:08 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 05:04:18PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 03:51:38PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > > I'm pretty sure that dtksh is common to all CDE platforms, not just AIX.
> > > It's present on Solaris, anyway.
> >
> > Yes it is a standard part of CDE, included in the big tarball of
> > source you get when you license the source code.
> >
> > The professional programmers I know who looked at some of the CDE
> > source characterized it as low-quality, summer intern or grad student
> > work.  Especially in the desktop apps.
>
> Personally, I detest and despise CDE.  It's a horribly crippled desktop
> environment.

It definitely wasn't well done.  I was OK with the window manager, but
the file manager was nearly useless.

I didn't mind Motif either.  Give it a really good cleanup and some good
direction, and it's a lightweight compared to something like Gnome.

Mainly, I just wish we had *ONE* set of widgets and they didn't totally
suck.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["An Irishman is never drunk as long as he
can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth."]