[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 22 16:24:24 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 @ 17:04 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 said:

> The professional programmers I know who looked at some of the CDE
> source characterized it as low-quality, summer intern or grad student
> work.  Especially in the desktop apps.

I don't think Motif was/is always that way though.

Particularly in the early 2.x phase, something went horribly wrong (more
so than before).

Motif is fixable, and I like it better than Gnome and KDE in
a lot of ways.

Have those professionals you mention ever looked at the Gnome code?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty