[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Apr 22 16:08:18 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 05:04:18PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 03:51:38PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure that dtksh is common to all CDE platforms, not just AIX.
> > It's present on Solaris, anyway.
>
> Yes it is a standard part of CDE, included in the big tarball of
> source you get when you license the source code.
>
> The professional programmers I know who looked at some of the CDE
> source characterized it as low-quality, summer intern or grad student
> work.  Especially in the desktop apps.

Personally, I detest and despise CDE.  It's a horribly crippled desktop
environment.  I never install it with my Solaris installs (which
requires turning off a distressing abount of stuff that's dependent on
CDE for no particular technical reason).  If I need any kind of a
desktop UI on the box, I install fvwm2.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :