[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 20 12:18:57 CDT 2004

On Apr 20, 2004, at 1:07 PM, William Enestvedt wrote:
>> Oh, I forgot.  "Cheaper == better" now.  I'm sorry, I will try to
>> remember that in the future.
>>
>    If I might, the OP did mention that it's his church that needs this:
> and when did churches shovel money at their A/V needs? :7)

   There are two churches around here that have A/V systems that cost,
I'm guessing, upwards of half a million dollars.  And while this is a
good area, I wouldn't call it affluent.  My girlfriend says it's a
Baptist-specific thing, that those churches really rake in the dough,
but I don't know much about it.

>    Perhaps you could have simply written "TIME TO MOVE (churches)" with
> a smiley and left it alone. We love you, man, but sometimes people with
> honest questions end up looking like Elmer Fudd after Bugs plugs the
> end
> of his shotgun and it discharges all over him and his hat is blown to
> tatters and he's covered in cordite stains.

   Umm, no.  I've not said one unkind word to the guy who asked the
question to begin with.  I'm just trying to save him some trouble.  But
no matter...the "smack Dave down for advising people to stay away from
PCs" knee-jerk reaction is almost as strong as my "if you use a PC
you'll be sorry" knee-jerk reaction.

        -Dave