[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:07:44 CDT 2004

Dave wrote:

> Oh, I forgot.  "Cheaper == better" now.  I'm sorry, I will try to
> remember that in the future.

   If I might, the OP did mention that it's his church that needs this:
and when did churches shovel money at their A/V needs? :7) Maybe we
could suggest that, if he's so squeezed for resources, he could create
some of this offline and use a digital videocamera (as some have already
suggested) to timeshift a bit of the labor.
   Perhaps you could have simply written "TIME TO MOVE (churches)" with
a smiley and left it alone. We love you, man, but sometimes people with
honest questions end up looking like Elmer Fudd after Bugs plugs the end
of his shotgun and it discharges all over him and his hat is blown to
tatters and he's covered in cordite stains.
-wde
P.S. Actually, my church seems to spend a lot on A/Vdoes: they recruited
our pianist from Folrida, and he uses a laptop on top of his grand piano
to drive PPT presentations on two giant, overhead video screens. Good
band, too, but the JumbroTron ambiance is a little off-putting to some
of the older parishoners.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator