[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:32:48 CDT 2004

Dave McGuire, Floridian, wrote:

> There are two churches around here that have A/V systems that cost,
> I'm guessing, upwards of half a million dollars.  And while this is a
> good area, I wouldn't call it affluent.

   Hey, that's right, you're in Florida, where apparently our pastor
found our deacon before somehow luring him back to Rhode Island. I can't
imagine what Little Rhodey offered that Florida didn't: it's not like he
got to be the priest or anything. Maybe he gets to borrow the piano
whenever there's no Mass or something.

> My girlfriend says it's a Baptist-specific thing, that those churches
> really rake in the dough, but I don't know much about it.

   And we're Catholics, not Baptists, but it's _definitely_ an affluent
community. (Lots of folks who work for the financial services companies
around Boston but who don't want to pay Massachusetts taxes or live
without a lawn.)

> I've not said one unkind word to the guy who asked the
> question to begin with.  I'm just trying to save him some
> trouble.

   Very true, which is why he came here in the first place: your good
side wins out in the end. You can't help it, being lovable-but-gruff.

> no matter...the "smack Dave down for advising people to stay away
> from PCs" knee-jerk reaction is almost as strong as my "if you use a
PC
> you'll be sorry" knee-jerk reaction.

   I think people just want to save you from looking like the Unabomber
to anyone who reads the archives and sees the "ALL THOSE WIIIRES" posts.
Unless that's part of the plan...?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt