[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 20 10:48:15 CDT 2004

> From: "Tim H." <lists at pellucidar.net>
> Date: 2004/04/20 Tue AM 03:04:55 GMT
> To: rescue <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: [rescue] PowerMac recommendations?
> What is the best sub-$500 method of getting SVideo into a modern Mac?

Get a $500 SOny FireWire DV camera? Seriously, I got a great little Sony DV camera at the Apple store when I bought my wife's iBook, just plug the firewire cable from the camera into the iBook, an diMovie just sicked it right up.

Really neat, really simple.

You could run the video into the Sony DV camera, record it, then just import it into iMovie. Burning a DVD should be trivial.

Haven't had to edit my movies (yet - just strung together sequences of scenes), but iMovie was plenty adequate. Not sure about platform-neutral results, but I suspect if iMovie couldn't ahdle it, it should be a sub-$100 problem.

HTH