[rescue] SSA 101 & multi-pack

P Nutton Paul.Nutton at awe.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 04:36:59 CDT 2004

> A friend (and list member) gave me an SSA 101 awhile back,
> complete with
> the fibre cable and card.
>
> It can take 30 drives, but, I don't know if there's a limit to how big
> the drive can be. Also, I seem to be unable to pull each tray all the
> way out. Is this normal?

Watch out for the rating of the PSU. My 101 took 5 x 9 GB drives replacing 1
GB drives before the psu fried. It also seems to be the Seagate drives that
end up as 8 GB, Fujitsu and IBM drives stay at 9 GB. But the Seagates can
start as 9 GB then drop to 8 GB. Real fun in a RAID 5 setup.....

I can probably get you the part number of the replacement psu with a torch,
a mirror and some mild acrobatics.
--
Paul Nutton, Naff company disclaimer to follow...

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.