[rescue] Rescue? All's well that ends well.

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Apr 19 21:45:33 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:22:30AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:49:58AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > So ... back to the drawing board.  Has anyone ever done business with
> > Lone Star Computer, home of much UPS repair stuff etc and reconditioned
> > UPSen?
>
> Yes.  I don't let bad vendors advertise on SunHELP.  I've got stuff from them
> (reconditioned/refurbished APC) powering the SunHELP machines as well as all
> of my critical stuff and network at home (three SmartUPS 450s, two 1100s).
>
> > And if so, do you have any idea if they'll take non-working
> > trades against reconditioned UPSen?
>
> No idea, but give them a shout.  They're great, easy people to work with.

OK, we'll see how it goes if needed.  In the meantime, I've gotten in
touch with the original seller, like I should have done in the first
place, and we're working out how to sort things out.  We're going to get
it straightened out one way or the other.

I blame it on the folly of sitting down to send email at almost 3am,
after driving over 800 miles in one day with a carload of children (and
getting rear-ended on the freeway in the process).  Mea culpa.

What I *SHOULD* have done was gone straight to bed with a large shot of
something to relax me, and gotten in touch with Matt in the morning;
but, well, both myself and my wife were tired and stressed and not on
the ball.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :