[rescue] Telephon rescue!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 18 22:29:00 CDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:45:10PM -0400, James wrote:
> What you need is a nice key system or hybrid PBX with SL cards. If you were
> interested I could fix you up with one of my Iwatsu ZTD's. If you hang a
> bunch of old phones on a telco circuit the Ringer Equivalency Number will be
> high and you might not get ringing reliably. The ZTD has a stout power
> supply and ring generator for such an environment. I now have 10 SL phones
> on my ZTD, 4 of which are hybrid/network/mech-ringer types with no problems.
> I do VoIP off a linecard on the ZTD and that allows me to do VoIP from a
> 1950's phone (what an odd feeling that is).
> You could also get a Lucent system off ebay cheap. The last versions would
> do SL or keyphone off the same port. If they don't have vmail they sell
> cheap (but not a very flexible design).

We've actually just got one phone in the house. 8-)  Its in the computer
room.  I need to get jacks installed in the living room, bedroom, and kitchen
soon...

the phone arrangements in this house were pathetic when I moved in, and we
really don't use the phone enough to need to put them in other rooms just
yet..

bill

--
bill bradford