[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 17 15:34:03 CDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> B. Why does someone who makes 200,000 a year need that deduction?

That's wholly beside the point.

It's not that they "need" a "deduction".  It's that THEY EARNED THAT
MONEY.  Taxation should be consistent and even.  "From each according to
his ability, to each according to his need" is NOT a capitalistic idea.

If I bust my ass and make six digits a year, I want as LITTLE as possible
of that money to go towards supporting freeloaders who -didn't-
sacrifice sleep and time with their families to get there.  I'll give to
church or charity to help those in need.  I DO NOT trust the gov't to be
nearly as efficient or intelligent about it.

> C. Back to Jonathan's original issues... If all the money went to
> crackwhores with 8 kids rather than the suit half of the equation I'd
> be a ton happier... maybe a few of those would finally stop being
> crackwhores.  (honestly this world has very little compassion for their
> fellow human being)

Speaking purely from an evolutional point-of-view, there are some people
that society doesn't "need" to help.  Crackwhores with 8 kids don't need
taxpayer funds.  They need their kids rescued by CPS.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."