[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Apr 17 16:49:52 CDT 2004

On Apr 17, 2004, at 4:34 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> If I bust my ass and make six digits a year, I want as LITTLE as
> possible
> of that money to go towards supporting freeloaders who -didn't-
> sacrifice sleep and time with their families to get there.  I'll give
> church or charity to help those in need.  I DO NOT trust the gov't to
> be
> nearly as efficient or intelligent about it.

You're not a part of that equation.  You bust your ass.
I'm talking about the bulk of upper 6 digit makers and 7 and 8 and nine
digit makers who do absolutely nothing.  They are just as guilty of
being freeloaders on us taxpayers as those who have next to nothing...
and more so because paying taxes at a lower salary hurts a LOT more.

> Speaking purely from an evolutional point-of-view, there are some
> people
> that society doesn't "need" to help.  Crackwhores with 8 kids don't
> need
> taxpayer funds.  They need their kids rescued by CPS.

That doesn't work.  The grand majority of them are that way because
some deadbeat knocked them up and left them in the lurch.  They sure as
hell need help making ends meet.  If that means taking their children
fine... but why would you target the women in this case... it's not
necessarily their fault ALL the time.  Why are they on crack... why are
they selling their bodies?  They were denied the education to make the
right choices and various other services because the greedy decided
they didn't want to pay taxes.

Andrew