[rescue] Dirty MicroVAX

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Apr 8 03:14:34 CDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 00:42:34 -0400
"Torquil MacCorkle, III" <torquil at chemist.com> wrote:

> 3 cans of compressed air and a roll of wet paper towels later, my
> MicroVAX sparkles.  Now the fun part of getting it to work :)
If a machine is _really_ dirty I give it a shower. Disassemble it
completely, put the enclosure in the shower and clean it with warm
water, soap and a brush. If the PCBs are really dirty give them a shower
too. (Without soap.) Best is to rinse the PCBs after this with
isopropyl. You can use a dish washer for PCBs too. (Without detergent.)
E.g. I recovered a Sun 3/160 CPU board from the scrap yard, that was
covered with mud, by giving it a shower some years ago.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen