[rescue] Replacement for canned air?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 8 12:29:36 CDT 2004

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 @ 01:06 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 12:42:34AM -0400, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:
> > 3 cans of compressed air and a roll of wet paper towels later, my MicroVAX
> > sparkles.  Now the fun part of getting it to work :)
>
> Anybody here used an airbrush paint compressor as a substitute for buying
> can upon can of compressed air?  I'm tired of spending $5 a can for AIR..
>
> If I can get a small, good compressor that wont put moisture in the
> line, I'd love to find one to use..

Same here... however, I don't think you want to do this.

Most canned air is not really "air", it is some kind of gas which I
believe has less risk of static charges.

Having said that, I worked in a shop with a "computer safe" air
compressor that we used on printers and other stuff.  We also had a
computer vacuum that was supposed to allow you to touch machines without
zapping them.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word." -- Andrew Jackson]